Sunday, December 26, 2010

Introduction

I guess this entry should have been first. We assumed people coming to our blog would know what we are doing. But it turns out that isn't always going to be true.

By way of introduction, I am a cardiologist. Just finished my cardiology fellowship at the University of Utah in June. Then worked at the Loma Linda VA cardiology section for 5 months while getting ready to move to Blantyre, Malawi to start a cardiology clinic and ICU at Blantyre Adventist Hospital. My husband, Darryl, has a degree in Sociology, and yes, he knew I was thinking about moving to Africa for humanitarian and mission work BEFORE he married me! I have done humanitarian work overseas before, including a year in Peru during college, short trips to Brazil, Honduras, Russia, Mexico, Haiti and a month each at hospitals in Uganda and Nigeria.

Juliaca, Peru

Orphanage near Moscow, Russia




Several pictures working in Uganda





Ile Ife, Nigeria


Haiti

Head lice, Ensenada Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment